With the ringing in of the New Year, the time has come once again for the flood of New Year’s Resolutions.
While I’ve never been much of a fan of New Year’s Resolutions, they are a significant cultural phenomenon, and there are some good aspects to them — primary of which is that New Year’s Resolutions spur people to pay more attention to important aspects of their life.
That paying attention to the life we are living is quite important, and is something that is easy to lose track of over the course daily life, so it’s nice to have a prominent reminder to be aware again.
Regardless of whether you are participating in the practice of New Year’s Resolutions or are continuing on a longer journey towards a happier, more fulfilling life, here are some helpful things to keep in mind:
- Take small steps, one at a time
- Be mindful in all that you do
- Enjoy each moment you have
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable
- Remember, progress instead of perfection
- If you feel at all lost in life, there’s a path for finding your way
- Use your story to your advantage, or rewrite it when it doesn’t help you
- Watch out for the crab people
- When things go wrong, one simple thought can change everything
- Remember, it’s okay to stumble and fall, we all do
- Always keep believing
- Be thankful for what is, it will help keep you strong
- You are not alone
Welcome to the New Year, and a new moment.
Whether you are participating in New Year’s Resolutions, or are making a happier, more fulfilling life journey, keep the above list in mind.
Actions to take:
- Keep being.
Fellow Journeyer @ BigSkyRise
If you think there is anyone this mini-post might help, please consider sharing it with your connections and the world.